Bellarine Community Council
Bellarine Community Council Inc. is a community-focused, not-for-profit organisation.
Our vision is to preserve, protect and enhance the quality of life on The Bellarine.
Our key objective is to encourage and facilitate a more integrated and coordinated approach in working with the community, government organisations, and individuals to add value to the community’s capacity - socially, culturally, environmentally and financially across The Bellarine.
Statement of Purpose
The Bellarine Community Council Inc. acts as a catalyst by researching, validating, building community support, and initiating longer-term projects, in harmony with community groups and institutions, to materially improve the quality of life for all citizens of The Bellarine by –
- Stimulating innovation and leadership
- Building a community-wide understanding of the evolving national and international landscape together with community consensus of the steps required to benefit from these evolutionary changes. Pursuing policies to improve community prosperity by promoting strengths of the region's diverse infrastructure, human resources and potential for growth. This recognizes the need to drive innovation and dynamism throughout The Bellarine business community to stimulate employment and economic opportunities.
- Creating Employment Opportunities
- Advocating an awareness amongst residents, ratepayers, business owners, local/State/Federal governments of the need to support the creation of an alternative base for employment opportunities.
- Improving sustainability education and knowledge management
- Promoting the concept of managing environmental sustainability whilst maintaining a balance of social well-being and the natural environment aligned with a healthy economy.
- Promoting The Bellarine
- Promoting The Bellarine as an attractive location for cultural, recreational, and tourism pursuits that recognizes the outstanding geographic, historical, social and rural features of the region.
- Encouraging Youth Participation
- Advocating for the social, cultural, environmental and financial infrastructure that will enable opportunities to fulfill potential within areas of education, health, sport, transport, communications, culture, housing, and related human services.
This is your opportunity to make a difference.
We are committed to engaging and empowering individuals and community organisations to unite and provide a transparent process for The Bellarine. If that sounds like something you would like to do, there are a few options to get involved.